The AS9100:2016(D) Standard introduced in September 2016 has undergone a major revision in keeping with the changes being made to the ISO 9001 standard. AS9100 Rev. D includes all the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 along with approximately 105 additional requirements specific to the Aviation, Space and Defense industry. The AS9100 internal auditor course is designed to provide a working understanding of a quality management system based on the requirements of AS9100. It prepares internal auditors to perform effective process audits and helps managers and supervisors take full advantage of the internal audit process. Students will gain an understanding of the requirements of AS9100 and its inter-relationship with other elements of the ISO family of standards. This course meets the training portion of the requirements for certification of individual internal auditors. This course focuses on the process approach, and ensures that you maximize the benefits that implementing a quality standard can bring.
The update of AS9100 from revision C to D includes the full text of ISO 9001:2015. In addition to aligning the structure of the aviation, space and defense requirements to the new structure of ISO 9001:2015, the following key changes were implemented:
• Product Safety was added in a new clause and in other areas
• Counterfeit Parts Prevention was added in a new clause and in other areas (this was already in place in the AS9110 and AS9120 standards)
• Risk clause was merged with the new ISO 9001 risk requirements along with an increased emphasis on risks in operational processes
• Awareness clause was added with reinforced requirements for awareness of individual contribution to product and service quality and safety along with ethical behavior
• Human Factors are included as a consideration in nonconformity management and corrective action
• Configuration Management was clarified and improved to address stakeholder needs
AS9100 Revision D was released in September 20, 2016 with a certificate transition period aligned with the ISO 9001:2015 transition.
TÜV Middle East provides discounted offers for ISO 9001:2015 Transition Lead Auditor Training courses in the Middle East and it is available in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Oman.
Six Sigma: A strategic Tool to reduce Your Business cost
Quality Management System – Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations
General Overview about the NEBOSH International General Certificate
Individial and Business benefits of IOSH Managing Safely
Benefits of The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management
Leadership Principles of Dr. W. Edwards Deming