This training course is designed to give a detailed discussion on the required engineering knowledge for In-service Piping Inspection (API 570) before appearing for examination. This preparatory course will cover the fundamental Piping Design with emphasis on syllabus published by API body for the said examination. It includes all the code sections referred by API-570 committee to the extent required from examination point of view. This course will clarify basic intentions of all code sections, how to interpret code rulings and at the end, build-up the confidence among the participants for taking Run, Repair, Replace decisions. The participants will receive comprehensive course notes, Exercises, Practical case studies, Numerical examples, Mock-examinations, Main punch-points of the course and extensive question banks to give the participants the confidence for getting certified successfully.
• To familiarize participants with the main concepts and technical terms of API 570 Code.
• To explain the design fundamentals of Piping. To perform calculations for pipe wall thickness.
• To find out MAWP, Flange ratings, Retirement thickness for pipes, fittings,and valves.
• To familiarize participants with the main concepts of degradation mechanisms.
• To introduce participants to different ways of evaluations and decision making.
• Choose Most cost-effective approach towards making the 3 ‘R’ decisions i.e. Repair Rerate, or Replace.
• How to carry out repairs, alterations and rerating of piping systems.
• Assessment of future remaining life, Life extension methods for piping systems.
• Be able to choose the appropriate inspection tools and inspection intervals.
• Score very well in API 570 examination.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for:
• Inspection engineers
• Plant maintenance people and
• QA/QC engineers,
• Plant integrity specialists who wish to appear for API 570 examination.
It is equally valuable to the Engineering Consultants and Contracting Companies who provide support services to Refining, Petrochemical and Chemical industries in the areas of shut-down inspection, maintenance, Repairs or plant up-gradations.
• Introduction to API 570 certification.
• Piping component design, allowable stress values, of ASME B31.3.
• Case studies of wall thickness calculations, blank thickness calculations, test pressure, expansion margins etc.
• Material selection, impact test requirement and PWHT requirement of ASME B 31.3.
• Understanding and rating calculations of ASME B16.5.
• Case studies of Impact testing results, requirement of pre-heating and PWHT.
• Introduction and detail discussions on API 570.
• Scope, definitions and organization of API 570.
• Inspection and testing practices of API 570.
• Repairs, alterations & re-rating of piping system.
• Inspection of buried piping.
• Frequency and extent of inspection, data evalution.
• Detail discussions on material corrosion and degradation (API 571).
• Various preventive actions against degradation.
• Introduction to ASME Sec IX and its various provisions.
• Welding procedure qualification & welder qualification.
• Case studies of checking of PQR, WPS.
• Discussions on API RP 577, welding inspection.
• Understanding the difference between Inspection and Examination.
• Various NDE proposed to detect flaws in metals.
• Understanding rules imposed by ASME Sec V for various NDE techniques.
• Discussions on PMI (API RP 578).
• Discussions on API RP 574.
• Final Optional Mock examinations close book and open book.