Many people are killed or seriously injured each year in confined spaces. Tragically those killed in such accidents are not only people who work in confined spaces but also those who try to rescue them without proper training or equipment. We have, therefore, developed a Confined Space E-learning course for advanced levels of instruction.
Who should Attend
All employers, employees who engage in confined space works.
TÜV ME Instructor
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets.
• Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, IE11, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Presentation, Discussions & Demonstration,
• Case study Videos and Exercises
• Assessment will be done at the end of the course.
• Assessment Method - Multiple-choice examination
• Describe confined spaces
• Explain the hazardous nature of confined spaces
• Outline the definitions of terms associated with confined spaces
• Outline the gas testing requirements associated with confined spaces
• Identify the safety issues that must be addressed when testing for hazardous gas
• Outline the general responsibilities of personnel working in confined spaces
• Outline the procedures involved in confined space entry
• Explain how the Permit to Work system controls confined space entry
• Explain the procedures concerned with job planning and risk assessment
• Outline the roles and responsibilities involved in confined space entry
• Describe how isolations may be carried out to facilitate confined space entry
• Describe the process of venting, purging, flushing and draining
• Describe the PPE that should be worn when entering a confined space
• Describe breathing apparatus
• Describe flammable vapour testing and oxygen testing
• Describe the procedure for entering a confined space
• Describe entry and work restrictions
• Outline emergency rescue procedures